3 lbs of chicken thighs
5-6 cups of bone broth or water
2 medium sized carrots or 1.5 cups of it, chopped
2 celery sticks or 2 cups of it, chopped
1/4 cup onions, chopped*
1/4lb or 1 cup of green beans, chopped
3 crushed and peeled cloves of garlic*
2 bay leaves
A bush of parsley
3 t of sea salt
apple cider vinegar (ACV) or lemon juice
- Salt the chicken and place on pan in low medium heat. Braised Chicken until skin is golden.
- Add bone broth or water until chicken is covered in it. Then add bay leaves, bouquet garni, parsley, and garlic.
- Pressure cook chicken at high for about 8-10 minutes. Then turn off the heat and allow to cool so that you can remove the cover.
- After removing the cover, remove meat from pot to cool down. Remove bouquet garni and parsley or sieve it out.
- Add the carrots, green beans, onions to liquid soup.
- Pull chicken apart and add back to the liquid in the pot.
- Recover the pressure cooker.
- Cook the mixture at medium heat at low pressure for another 1 minutes . Allow to cool if you like vegetables with a soft texture or immediately cool the pressure cooker by pouring water on your pressure cooker or use the pressure release valve on your instant pot - depending on the type of pressure cooker you use, and uncover ASAP for crunchy vegetables.
- I like to add lemon juice or ACV to each serving size of this dish. Normally I use a 1/2 lemon or a teaspoon of ACV for each serving of 4 ounces of meat in each soup.
This dish will make about 6 serving sizes as a main course.
*If you are on a low FODMAP diet, take this ingredient out of the recipe or remove it after cooking. You can used infused olive oil with garlic or onion for flavoring as well.