- 1 lb of beef or pork minced meat
- 3 t sea salt
- 28 oz of crushed tomatoes; canned or recently roasted and skinned (you can buy whole canned tomatoes and just dice them up) are fine for this recipe
- 2 T garlic infused olive oil
- 1 cup of minced basil
- Preheat a large sauce pan under medium heat on a stove top.
- Add the meat and 1/2 of the salt into the sauce pan.
- Brown the meat and use a wooden spoon to break up the parts so it looks like crumbled minced meat.
- When done browning the meat, add the crushed tomatoes and the rest of salt to the browned meat.
- Allow the concoction to almost come to a boil temperature. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 15 minutes at low medium heat.
- When the concoction has been reduced enough so that sauce looks more thick than watery, add the garlic infused oil and cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and add fresh basil, mixing the basil fully throughout the concoction (you can set the basil aside and add more later if you want to use fresh basil as vinaigrette or as a topping).
You can use this sauce for stuffed zucchinis, roasted winter squashes, zoodles, steamed coconut rice, and more.
2 servings as main protein portions (2, 8 ounces of meat per a serving)
4-8 servings as a side entrees