This meal was one of my favorite childhood dishes. Rustic and when done right, the texture and taste is phenomenal. The key is using the freshest ingredients possible and making sure the sauce is reduced, so try to buy local ingredients and take your time making it. It won't last long before it is inside your belly when done.
1-2 medium zucchini’s (at least three inches wide) - this way you have enough space to dig a hole that is around an inch wide to the place bolognese sauce in the middle of it.
1 T garlic infused olive oil
- bolognese sauce
- Preheat the oven at 450F.
- Roast the zucchini for about 15 minutes on each side; total of 30 minutes. The zucchini is done roasting when it can slightly giggle and slightly carmelized around the edges.
- When the zuchini is done being roasted, remove from it from the oven. Allow it to cool down for about 1-2 minutes.
- Swirl a fork in the center of each zucchini to remove the flesh from the middle of each slice. Eat this part immediately (if cool enough... hey you made it this far so start enjoying some roasted zucchini before other people take the rest away... trust me, these stuffed zucchinis are irresistible and a crowd pleaser).
- Place about 1 cup of boullainase sauce in a serving bowl. Add 1-2 slices of roasted zucchinis over this sauce. Then pour a bit more sauce into each of the holes and a bit over the zucchini so that some of the sauce spills over it.
This will serve two very hungry people. It will also serve 4 people who plan to add other protein sides to their meal.