Seaweed naturally is low in FODMAPS and high in fiber and nutrients, but seaweed salad can contain a lot of ingredients that I can be sensitive too, so I decided to create a low-fodmap version from a recipe I found on Food.com.
Let me know what you think about this version!
- ¾ ounce dried wakame seaweed (whole or cut)
- 3 T rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 3 t coconut amino acids
- 1 T cold pressed or expeller pressed sesame oil (you can infused it with garlic a couple of days beforehand)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (you can use coconut sugar or just skip if your taste buds have adjusted to no added sugar dishes)
- 1 t finely grated ginger
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- 1 T sesame seeds, toasted
- "Soak seaweed in warm water to cover, 5 minutes. Drain, rinse then squeeze out excess water. If wakeme is uncut, cut into ½ inch wides strips.
- Stir together vinegar, coconut amino acids, sesame oil, sugar, and ginger in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add the seaweed, cilantro, tossing to combine well. Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds."
Seaweed Salad on 8/25/17, retrieved from http://www.food.com/recipe/seaweed-salad-247035#activity-feed