- 8 ounces of wild caught roasted salmon, canned salmon, or sushi grade salmon.
- 1 cup of shredded carrots (lightly steamed them for easier digestion) or pickled diced carrots
- 1 cup of diced cucumbers
- 8-10 Green olives sliced in quarters
- 2 stalks of green onion (only the green part)
- 4 romaine lettuce
- ½ of avocado, sliced
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) or avocado oil (avocado oil is less favorable than EVOO and goes better with seasoned rice vinegar)
- 1 T lemon juice or seasoned rice vinegar
- A dash to 1/8 t sea salt (canned salmon may already be salted enough, so adjust accordingly - meaning add the minimum amount).
Additional stuffing or side entree for wraps
1 Cup of vermicelli noodles, cooked and drained
1 cup of sushi rice
Roasted potatoes with vinaigrette
- In a medium size bowl, place salmon in it
- With a fork smash your canned salmon so that it pulls apart (with sushi grade salmon or roasted salmon, you may want to use a sharp knife to dice it into 1/4 inch pieces).
- Add carrots, cucumbers, olives to salmon to mix together.
- In a small bowl, mixed dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over mixed ingredients and mixed together.
- If you would like to add vermicelli noodles or sushi to this dish, you can add ¼ cup of noodles onto each lettuce wrap or leave it as side dish.
- Divide mixed ingredients into four parts and place each part into a lettuce.
- Top each lettuce wrap with green onions and two slices of avocado.
As an appetizer, this recipe serves 4 people. As a main dish, this recipe serves 1-2.